2D Game Prototype ( Project Progress )

 2D Game Prototype

As I have mentioned in previous blogs I will be doing my 2D game as a endless runner. Using illustrator I made a quick prototype of my game and how it will function and the basic look of it. I put the score tracker in the top right of the player screen. As you can see in the image below I have briefly explained the rules of the game as the player has to jump over spikes to avoid a game  over and they should not jump if they see a floating ball spike as if they jump it will also result in a game over. In this game these objects will be moving into the playing field from the right side of the screen and the player has to time their actions to be able to avoid these objects to survive and keep their score to getting higher. The player design is not final but it is there to show what the player has to do. I'm hoping this prototype furthers your knowledge of what my game will be like. In my opinion I'm liking where the idea is going as the game is simple but very fun especially when trying to beat your high score. The background is currently just grey but it will be changed in the actual game. I left it grey for clarity so that you can see what I am trying to show in the game play sense of the game.

Image below is what happens if a player touches an object such as a spike or spike ball.

The next blog post will be the first playable where hopefully you will be able to see how the game actually looks and feels to play. I'm looking forward to making this game as I think it will turn out well for a 2D game. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BETA

Project "Game Brainstorm"

My Introduction