Unity Tutorial 05 - My Experience

Unity Tutorial 05 - My Experience

In this tutorial I had my first ever fairly big issue. I had been working through the tutorial at a steady pace without any issues and everything worked. As I got to the stage where I had to make the game say game over when an object hits the player the objects stopped moving and instantly said game over. The object never moved even  when I started the game and it was giving me errors. A fix I could think of was just to remove the code associated with making the game end when a player gets hit with an object and instead just tell you that the object hit you. If the game were to have points and you gained a point for every object you jump over you could remove a certain amount of points as a penalty for hitting an object. Other than that I got the rest of the tutorial done pretty well and I like when the background reset at the right point so that in the players perspective it looked like it flowed very well and this was a cool way that a player could stay focused on the game where the background doesn't look like it keeps restarting.

                                            My screenshot of unity tutorial with added tags



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BETA

Project "Game Brainstorm"

Alpha Game